Monday 18 July 2011

After - Dinner Blues

I have so much to look forward to every evening. Well uhmm..most evenings.. Hunger has a way of first, making you grumpy and then giving you an intense feeling of excitement when you stare at your plate, knowing you're only seconds away from satisfying your nagging taste buds. Food, oh glorious, splendid food. No better cure for hunger than good food. So it's all good. Good food, good company, good life. At least til after dinner cause then hits the blues. I don't know why but when my hunger is stilled, I start missing a long lost love, Celine Dion's songs make me want to get married and I'm nauseous because of what I ate the previous night. Food is good while while you eat it but afterwards it hits you like a train...

The next day and I still have "after dinner blues". The nausea has settled down and after good, peaceful night's sleep, I don't want to get married. It struck me that having to share a bed with someone can potentially mess up your sleeping patterns and therefore, be much worse than after dinner blues. I'll admit, I'm terribly grumpy when I don't get enough sleep and I can't do that to my poor husband, can I? Unless he lies very still at night and doesn't move an inch, he'll have to live with my grumpiness. Well, only until he brings me coffee in bed. Oh yeah baby! That first cup of coffee does magic. Coffee is such a remarkable drink! It cures my "after dinner blues" and grumpiness due to a lack of sleep. I still found no cure for this "I've been hit by a train" feeling. Coffee did no magic this morning. Why oh why?? I need something stronger...

No comments:

Post a Comment