Thursday 16 May 2013

Deep Waters


Wake me up before the sun lifts the night’s blanket
to reveal the light that flows from my inner being
As I receive from Your mouth living words of restoration 
my Spirit-consciousness in surrounding darkness
reveals the glory in self-consciousness

The awareness that I Am
And there is nothing more to add 
to this truth from your mouth
As it seals my lips,
it penetrates my mind
Breaking down walls around my heart
Flowing to where your mysteries are like
the wild, untamed waters of the sea
I find no solid ground in Your spontaneous flow
Just the glory of Christ in me

I drink the salt water of pain
but with opened eyes I see
the waters wash over me
not to drown me
but to take me deeper into you
To find my being settled in you
even before you laid earth’s foundations
In the sound of your voice like rushing waters
I Am pulled deeper into the knowledge of who I Am

I feel no solid ground
When you call me deeper
into KNOWING that faith is wet
As you invade my limited understanding
with senseless words to my mind
I Am saturated as your waters flow

Faith is I Am in me
And in the dark places,
deep in you
my reason does not resist Your flow
but becomes my reason to know….

Janie Davel

No comments:

Post a Comment