Thursday 5 September 2013

Reasons why I don't like raisins

Today I’m in the mood to write something not as heavy as usual. I don’t do this often because every time I try to write on the light side of life it somehow gets more serious as I go on. This is frustrating sometimes but anyway for some random reason I’m thinking today about the reasons I don’t like raisins… I want to write this on a lighter note but this is indeed a very serious matter to me so if you end up crying I am sorry for once again opening up my deep side. I really don’t like raisins at all but I have never actually thought much about the reasons why until now….. Add raisins to chocolate and it ruins the taste completely and it looks as though some flies killed themselves while eating chocolate. They make salty food so sweet. I mean, salty foods are suppose to be salty, really. Add raisins to a packet of peanuts and it tastes like you’re eating Jelly Tots… This is fine, I guess but looking like you rode your motorbike without a helmet because of the raisins stuck between your teeth is perhaps not so fine. And I have this thing that people who aren’t easily grossed out probably won’t understand but I don’t want a fly anywhere near my food! Oh my, they are so dirty! I won’t go into the details as to why they are but they visit objects that are so very unpleasant….. And personally I think when they die they came back as raisins and they invade the more pleasant things like chocolate and peanuts. Flies have risen from the dead and are now called raisins that space out in my chocolate and I don’t like that very much! See, this is a sad sad story……..     :)
~Janie Davel~

1 comment: