Tuesday 24 January 2012

I Can't let Go

Don’t look at me like that
Are you really gonna tell me it’s just me?
What is this I’m facing?
Once..twice..Then a thousound times fading...

What are you saying?
Keep me guessing..
When is the final bow?
Are you gonna look away?
Now.. then.. always running...?

I can’t do this anymore..
Just spit it out!
Tell me..
Wet your lips once more

You can tell me you love me
But if you don’t mean it, let me go..
I can’t wrap my fingers around your slippery lies

You can’t bear it when I look at you
Cause that’s truth staring right back at you
Truth of how I love you
If it was mere words
I’d swallow it
But you touched me deeper  than that
Now I can’t ask you what you want me to do
Cause I know and I don’t want to

I’d have to let you go
But baby, I just don’t want to
Is it the fear that you’ll never be mine?
That I’ll never see you smile in the early morning light

You want me to forget how your lips touched mine
But there’s a reason why love mirrors the divine

So I know this thing you ask of me
But I can’t let you go

Janie Davel

No comments:

Post a Comment